12 month contract
Stoke on Trent
Hybrid role - 2/3 days on site & remote working
This person will focus on the people side of change - including changes to business processes, systems and technology. The primary focus will be creating and implementing change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. The Change Management Specialist will work to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Apply the change management approach and methodology in support of the IT system implementations.
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans - including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
- Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
- Be an active and visible coach to executive leaders who are change sponsors of the system implementation.
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes related to the IT system
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
- Work with communication, training, and HR in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
Skills and qualifications:
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Previous change management experience is a plus.
Are you interested in a new role? If so, APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search