As a core member of the team responsible for the reliability, availability and performance of the cloud platforms and services that underpin the business. You will:
- Lead & Influence architectural & design decisions with regards to the operational reliability of our cloud platforms.
- Collaborate with architecture, security, engineering teams and the wider Engineering Centre of Excellence to set up best in class cloud platforms.
- Take the charge in building and managing scalable, self-healing, globally distributed cloud platforms.
- Drive efficiency, automation, and cost reduction by automating manual and repetitive tasks.
- Develop features and codified artefacts for platform improvements leveraging automation and infrastructure as code.
- Provide technical expertise throughout all stages of the product life cycle.
- Create and Adhere standards and provide governance to contribute to process improvement.
- Identify and escalate dependencies, risks and exceptions that will affect implementation of technical artefacts.
- Share knowledge with peers to contribute to the skills growth of knowledge within the Engineering COE.
For this role specifically you will need to demonstrate all of the following:
- Experience with administration of relational (Oracle and SQL Server) and non-relational databases (column and document - Cassandra and Mongo like) and management of the data lifecycle
- Experience with administration of IaaS hosted Databases (Cassandra, SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Experience with AWS and Azure managed databases (DynamoDB, Aurora, RDS, CosmosDB, Azure SQL etc), and Database services like MongoDB Atlas
- Hands-on experience and provisioning of infrastructure and databases using Cloudformation, ARM templates, Terraform(preferred).
- Experience with encryption and data cleansing technques for databases in a cloud or on-premises environment
- Experience with managing Database security, Auditing and Vulnerability risks
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud and Data Management best practices, and guiding teams on the direction to follow
- Experience in troubleshooting Database Migration/Replication/Backup and Restore issues utilising managed and non-managed DBs
- Designing, building and maintaining automated solutions for backup, recovery, and archiving
- Experience with Data Quality, Data Compliance tooling, and data lifecycle management of transactional data
- Hands on experience in creating storage, compute, networks, resizing and configuration of compute and storage, backup and restore of platforms
- Demonstrated capability with automation languages and frameworks (e.g., Ansible, Python) within tooling such as Jenkins, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, Azure DevOps
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search