Permanent Salary: up to £40k base, depending on experience
Location: UK based
A global and world leading evidence and advisory business for government and multilateral organisations as well as the private sector. With their roots in the world's oldest and best-known social research businesses, they have partnered with clients across the globe to answer the next generation of public policy challenges.
You Responsible for providing leadership and direct oversight for our knowledge management on a global scale, supporting the businesses offices globally. This role will ensure that all offices have fast and effective access to international best practice and client case studies and other resources.
As a Knowledge Manager, you will play a significant role in the development of a successful and effective knowledge base and will have a direct positive impact on employee's day to day - allowing the business to scale much faster and efficiently. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of defining global best practice and cross-fertilising expertise to tackle the world's toughest social problems.
- Set up, manage and curate knowledge management practices as well as design new knowledge distribution policies, and embed the culture of 'everyday learning and knowledge management' within the business
- Responsible for collating and overseeing a historical project database that defines the businesses best practice, client impact and strategic accomplishments - that can be interrogated by key attributes (e.g. client offer, policy / topic area)
- Building on the above, responsible for collating and overseeing a detailed project case study library. To include brief write ups of projects - providing critical credentials for client tenders (e.g. project background, objectives and impacts).
- You will work with local country teams to collate case study write ups, quality assure content, edit and incorporate into the database and ensuring a tailored filter system & search function adjusted to business needs for optimal access & visibility.
- Respond to staff requests for relevant experience and case studies to support new business pursuits, providing guidance on best use cases and work.
- Work with the businesses Client Offer Leads to ensure offer credentials are produced, updated and accessible for wider staff.
- Work closely with global Offer leaders, learning leaders, and marketing colleagues to collate other key organisation credentials and ensure these are accessible.
- To take the lead in the cultural embeddedness of the businesses knowledge culture: encouraging employees to share knowledge, ensuring they are aware of the knowledge management resources available to support their work, are appropriately trained and are using the systems efficiently and productively
- Ability to synthesise specialist and complex materials from international markets and create accessible and pertinent summary documentation, tailored for client needs
- Ability to operate in a commercial manner and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and requests, be able to prioritise and resolve issues promptly and effectively.
- Strong influencing skills with extensive experience of operating with multiple stakeholders with varying priorities in different countries/regions.
- Effective working relationship with senior leadership teams / global marketing colleagues - with the ability to provide effective status summaries, clear and actionable advice on an ongoing basis.
- Understanding of and passion for our client offers and tools and our professional purpose (to be further developed in role).
- Intellectually robust and highly structured, enjoying creating practical solutions to complex issues and supporting others in their ability to be effective in their roles
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Self-motivated, proactive and ability to work independently as well as in a team - and driven to drive organizational improvement.
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to provide clear and accurate advice.
- Strong curiosity and a desire to improve personal knowledge and knowledge base of the wider business.
- Excellent organisation, communication, and strong project management skills.
- If you believe you have the desired skills and experience, please follow the link to apply and attach a copy of your up-to-date CV. If successful, a Consultant will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted