Our leading banking client are currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team on a Permanent Basis. You will join the Event Management team and hold excellent scripting, unix and cloud skills! This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team at the beginning of an exciting journey and thouroughly enhance your career.
- We'll look to you to develop and implement core event management infrastructure technologies, products and services against customer and non-functional requirements
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you'll make sure the infrastructure technology is engineered to comply with security, availability and resilience, performance and capacity
- You'll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be contributing to and managing the selection, creation and maintenance of infrastructure technologies required to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring alignment to the Chief Technology Office (CTO) strategic targets and architecture outcomes. Throughout the course of your work, we'll look to you to help produce high availability and low-cost systems.
You'll also be:
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Providing operational support to other infrastructure teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the bank
- Fulfilling business continuity requirements by participating in disaster recovery exercises
- Making sure the required work in the platform backlog contains detailed acceptance criteria
- Adopting Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) best practices, and working with other teams to establish an SRE culture across the platform
- Looking for opportunities for continuous improvement, reducing toil, and establishing observability; and working with team to implement your ideas
To succeed in this role, you'll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk based decisions. On top of this, you'll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you'll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and cloud technologies
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies paired with working knowledge of the Agile toolsets and experience of working in an Agile team
- A good understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and methodologies
- A good understanding of system management technologies
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature team, platform and domain
- A clear understanding of the DevOps mind-set, collaboration, automation and tooling
- A background of working in a complex, multi-disciplined matrix team
- Experience in Scripting using languages such as (BASH,Python etc)
- Experience in PI Planning
- Open Insights experience (IBM Platform)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age