Data Engineer with Azure
3 month Contract (Fully Remote)
My client a Global Pharmaceutical company is currently looking to recruit a Data Engineer with Azure to join its team on a contract basis. This role will be working remotely. Please note that this contract will have to be set-up as Umbrella/PAYE. The key responsibilities for the Data Engineer with Azure include:
- Work closely with the Director of Data Engineering, Engineering Leads to define and implement a Data Engineering Strategy that enables business transformation by streamlining access to data assets.
- Build a network of relationships across the GSK Business and IT in identifying the right contacts for the facilitation of data access and integration.
- Work closely with the architecture community to ensure alignment of Data Management practices, Data Security, Data Modelling, Data Quality, Business Rules, and Business Analytics.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in data integration and design technologies and work with the Information Architects to integrate them into target architectures, information management and data engineering practices as appropriate.
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Have good knowledge of Python/Scala, Azure tech stack - ADF, ADLS, storage explorer, blob store, databricks, Azure SQL database/DWH, Azure functions, Azure Devops (automated CI/CD), build and release pipelines and more.
- Use data to report, analyse, and inform business decisions with data, and being to effectively retrieve the data you need will likely require some SQL or JAVA skills
- Continuous learner with eye for details and holistic thinking - challenging current status-quo and actively crafting solutions.
This is a contract role for a Data Engineer with Azure working for global pharmaceutical company . To apply to the role please send a CV or call to discuss further. Please note that this contract will have to be set-up as Umbrella/PAYE.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search