My banking client based in Edinburgh requires a Solutions Designer to help deliver multiple outcomes across a key banking platform.
Location: Edinburgh (working from home)
Duration: 6 months initial contract with potential extensions
What you'll do:
- Owning the design issues and driving resolution through the iteration of the technical solution design.
- Participating in activities to shape requirements, validating designs and prototypes to deliver change that aligns with the target architecture.
- Promoting adaptive design practices to drive collaboration of feature teams around a common technical vision using continuous feedback.
- Collating a diverse set of design inputs into a single design to safeguard functionality, scalability and performance, and providing updates to stakeholders.
- Making recommendations of potential impacts to existing and prospective customers of the latest technology and customer trends.
The skills you'll need:
As a Solution Designer you'll bring expert knowledge of software design and application architecture, and in business data or infrastructure architecture with knowledge of industry architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, ArchiMate, SOA or microservices paradigm. You'll also need an understanding of Agile and contemporary methodologies, with experience of working in Agile teams, and providing technical leadership in a software design environment.
You'll also need:
- Experience in Credit risk, or with systems such as TransUnion.
- Digital or mobile applications environment experience.
- Experience of defining application architectures and road-maps for complex solutions working for all layers of the technical architecture.
- A background of implementing design best-practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance, and delivering solutions that securely span a complex infrastructure domain.
- Experience of systems development change life-cycles, best practices and approaches.
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering.
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and leadership level colleagues.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search