Senior User Researcher - Edinburgh (remote initially) - 6 Month Contract
Our Public Sector client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior User Researcher to join their Edinburgh or Glasgow based team on a 6 month initial contract.
The main duties of the role include:
- Planning and executing field and lab based user research according to business and project needs.
- Advising on choice and application of appropriate user research methods and tools to assure best practice and ensure that research findings are robust, actionable and suited to the overall aims and objectives of the project.
- Facilitating the inclusion of different types of users in appropriate research activities.
- Advocating for accessibility, assisted digital, and inclusive design practices and helps teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- Supporting teams to continually improve their understanding of and engagement with users.
- Providing actionable insights to support design decision making.
- Championing and advocating for user research and engaging sceptical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Undertaking development and assurance of ethics and consent processes; supporting the development of privacy and equality's impact assessments.
- Participating in and/or supporting programme and project assurance activities.
- Experience in a digital research setting, designing and delivering a wide range of inclusive user-centred design research, in person and remotely, including: negotiating research briefs, leading research activity, and delivering actionable insights.
- Demonstrates the ability to choose and apply appropriate user-centred design research methods (from data gathering to synthesis and analysis) for different design life cycle phases and situations.
- Ability to communicate research approaches and insights effectively in such a way as to stimulate conversation and collaboration.
- Knowledge of other user centred design practices and experience of collaborating with them for service delivery.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search