My banking client based in Edinburgh requires a Credit Portfolio Manager to help deliver multiple outcomes across a key banking platform.
Location: Role will be remote however will move to 2 days per month in the office - preferably Edinburgh but other main locations considered.
Duration: 3 months.
- This is an opportunity to join a high-profile team within Credit Strategy where you'll be influential in supporting the Innovation, Strategy & Controls team deliver on its strategic objectives.
- Working closely with the franchise, you'll support the identification of innovative improvements in policy and process, using analytically driven insight to drive optimisation and automation of underpinning credit strategies.
- You'll gain valuable recognition and exposure as you work with internal teams and external suppliers, including credit bureaus, to design, sign off and implement credit policy within the agreed risk framework.
Overview of role:
In your new role, you'll make sure that all risks have been identified and effective controls are in place to monitor, manage and mitigate these risks.
You'll adopt a subject matter expert status on credit related projects across the portfolios and businesses and collaborate with risk appetite and policy to provide appropriate input into sector and asset class reviews and credit policies.
What you will need:
- Knowledge of credit risk data, systems and processes within a Retail risk environment.
- Must have SAS experience.
- Experienced credit risk professional.
What you will also need:
- Worked in credit risk previously.
- Worked with portfolios.
- Worked with Bureau data.
- SAS / SQL knowledge.
- Financial experience as dealing with big data and large customer base.
- Develop, implement and maintain portfolio management activities across all stages of the credit life-cycle for all products within the business portfolio.
- Drive consistency across products, ensuring existing best practice is quickly transferred to other areas, including setting and monitoring risk appetite limits for each product.
- Develop an effective credit risk management strategies portfolio, consistent with strategic aims and the target credit quality profile and within risk appetite.
- Collaborate with and influence key stakeholders, ensuring the effective management of the portfolio through a combination of strategies.
- Support the analytical requirements from the credit portfolios teams on areas such as leading indicators, forward looking credit risks and the potential threats to the portfolio and wider economic and market threats.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search