Cloud Engineer - Azure Kubernetes Service - Outside IR35
A Global Insurance firm is looking for a Cloud Engineer specialising in AKS. This position is on a contract basis for 6+ months.
As a Cloud Engineer your priorities will be:
- Developing certified products that enable the companies application delivery teams to easily and safely build and deploy cloud native apps in a highly automated fashion.
- Crafting the landing zones, resource automation and guardrails of our certified cloud platform.
Your main responsibilities:
- Design, development and lifecycle management of certified public cloud products that follow our Security and Service Management controls, while following Infrastructure as Code principles.
- Making sure that the certified products are published and maintained in our certified product catalogue, ready for use by DevOps teams in their release pipelines.
- Crafting platform configurations and architectures and delivering platform capabilities that support Application Delivery team workloads.
- Aligning designs, definitions and configurations and the timelines defined for the delivery of platform capabilities with the strategic and tactical objectives of the CCoE.
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or comparable education/experience)
- >5 years of professional experience.
- Technical knowledge and deep understanding of: Azure Identity and Access Management; Cloud Networking (Virtual Networks, IPAM, BGP and User Defined Routes, Network Security Groups, Firewall); Cloud native application patterns; Azure Security and Operations; Terraform; Git
- Experience with: Development of Infrastructure as Code with ARM Templates, PowerShell and Azure Automation; Azure DevOps Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery; DevOps culture and principles; Unit tests; Azure DevOps Testing;
- Strong analytical & conceptual skills
- Ability to motivate others and readiness for close collaboration across multiple locations
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search