Defect Manager - Security Cleared
Lorien have currently partnered up with a Global IT Service provider who are looking for a Security Cleared Defect Manager to work on an initial 3-month contract based in Bracknell.
As a Defect Manager you will focus on managing the defects produced from both Infrastructure and Application testing through to Resolution. Being the point of contact for all Defect status related queries and owner of the Defect Process
*due to the nature of the role a national security clearance is required for the role, people without this may still be considered*
Main responsibilities include:
- The management and control of all defects within the in-house development environments.
- To own and chair daily defect calls with lead Development, Test and Operational Teams, Customer and third parties and to provide clear minutes and actions.
- Definition, ownership and management of the Defect Process.
- Liaising with the Problem Management Team to ensure a clear and efficient interaction within overlapping processes, and to promote this with all customers.
- Ensuring all defects are entered correctly and controlled / managed as effectively as possible through their lifecycle.
- Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensuring a full audit trail for any changes made to defect status outside of the published defect process.
- Represent the regional position on defect status to both regional users and international staff on a regular basis.
- Creation of a Defect Dashboard for the status reporting on Defects and to drive those defects through to successful conclusion.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent oral, written and presentation/communication skills at all levels within the company and customer facing.
- The ability to chair, own, and steer critical development meetings to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- Good working knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with internal customers, influencing and persuading where appropriate and resolving any conflicts, which arise.
- Ability to explain technical processes and articulate knowledge of the Defect Management process to a wide audience.
- Strong working Knowledge of Jira and reporting tools.
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience of Mercury Interactive Test Director/Quality Centre
- ITIL foundation
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation
If you would like more information, please feel free to give me a call on 02076541092 or apply within!
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search