Security Engineer - Data protection
This is an opportunity to work for a FTSE100 Company working as a Security Engineer focussing on Data protection, this will work within the Security Architecture and Engineering team. This role will be responsible for the design and hands-on implementation of security controls in order to meet business requirements and industry compliance.
- Responsible for management and governance of enterprise data security to ensure corporate data is efficiently and properly controlled, managed and monitored.
- Architect, design and implement data security controls, protection standards and protocols for business data in line with security requirements.
- Architect, design and implement data loss prevention measures.
- Develop metrics/KPI dashboards for monitoring and reporting on compliance
- Ensure projects are adequately supported with relevant data security protection expertise.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders such as Risk and Compliance in security-relevant audit and certification processes and activities such as major certifications and standards (ISO27k, SOC2, PCI-DSS etc);
- Good experience in security related data protection roles.
- Experience with data privacy requirements, data discovery, data flow management
- Working experience with structured and unstructured data protection, data governance, data classification and tagging, data encryption standards.
- Delivering information protection frameworks for cloud-based environments.
- Cloud information protection tools (e.g. Azure information protection), Data loss prevention (e.g. O365 DLP) experience.
- Knowledge of database security, data loss protection tooling
- Familiarity with ISO 27001-27002, SOC2, PCI-DSS and NIST security controls requirements; Knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search