Technology Transformation Project Manager - Public Sector
A leading management consultancy that helps national and local government to define how services will be delivered to people across the country is looking for Senior Project Managers to aid in some of the largest Technology enabled change programmes in the UK. The work covers a wide spectrum of public services including health care, education, offender management, policing, border security, transport, international trade, and services for agriculture, food and the environment as well as services for employment and tax/benefits management.
Experience and Background:
- A natural interest in technology, being passionate about the benefits that technology can bring to the public sector
- Demonstrable experience of applying methods and ideally holding accreditation within waterfall / agile project management (for example, Prince 2, APM Practitioner or Certified Scrum Master)
- Strong experience in the use of standard project management tools (e.g. MS Project, JIRA)
- Experience in public service transformation and/or programme management
- Proven experience of successfully contributing to complex technology projects in a commercial environment, ensuring the delivery of high-quality work on time and to budget.
- Understanding of a wide range of public policy agendas.
- A genuine interest and desire to work in the public sector.
- Track record of shaping and leading successful delivery of technology, data and business transformation initiatives.
- Experience of managing projects, coordinating tasks and activities, managing to deadlines, anticipating challenges, difficulties and pressure points.
- Experience of identifying and mitigating delivery risks, as well as leading the resolution of issues / blockers.
- Experience in managing third party vendors and providers.
- Manage programme / project procurement.
- Adept at working closely with business, technology and data teams.
- Understands relevant legislation, governance models and processes.
Candidates must me residing in the UK and can be based from anywhere as much of the work is done remotely. As the situation changes there may be some travel to client sites but not for extended periods.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search