Financial Crime Data Analyst
A top tier Management consultancy firm is currently growing their Forensic practice specifically with financial crime technology and seeks to hire two Financial crime analysts.
The candidate will be required to work closely with large financial institutions on the challenges with their financial crime compliance obligations. As such, the candidate will be expected to possess a variety of technical skills and knowledge of anti money laundering sanctions.
The role will involve interactive scoping workshops with clients to identify engagement requirements, creating detailed project plans, analysing both structured and unstructured data, understanding relevant legislation in order to assess clients' policies, procedures and organisational risk, and forming logical conclusions and solutions in order to provide sound advice.
- Experience with SQL: functions, stored procedures, pivoting, cursors, recursion, CTEs, triggers, dynamic SQL, query optimisation, transactions and XML.
- A working knowledge of database architecture, specifically designing and reviewing data storage structure, database normalization (1NF, 2NF, 3NF etc) and ensuring these structures are fit for purpose and scalable.
- Good understanding of using Python including its built-in functions and knowledge of data manipulation packages.
- Proven experience in automating manual tasks and ETL.
- Experience using any version control system (e.g. Git or CVS).
- Knowledge of full stack development in any programming/scripting language.
- Basic understanding of working with or building an API (REST)
- Ability and curiosity to conduct root-cause investigative work in relation to a system's performance, configuration or data flow issues.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling and social network analysis).
- Experience in cloud-based deployment (e.g. Azure, GCP or AWS)
- Applied knowledge of machine learning and cognitive computing.
- A functional understanding of international sanctions, regulations and anti-money laundering protocols.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Tenacious problem solving attitude: the ability to identify and fix issues before they become critical.
- Independent worker: you are reliable and can be trusted to deliver high-quality work with minimal oversight.
- Self-review system: you use a structured approach to ensure that your deliverables would require only minor review points from a stakeholder.
This exciting role will fully utilise your existing programming, data analysis and data management skills. Strong technical skills are essential as you will be required to develop solutions either individually or as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team. In return my client can offer a comprehensive remuneration package as well as the opportunity to work with top tier financial institutions.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search