Data Migration Manager - Birmingham
A leading consultancy seeks a Data Migration Manager to join their growing Data & Analytics team in Leeds, Manchester or Birmingham. The data migration manager will be focused on developing solutions to solve problems for privately owned companies. The team is at an exciting stage in its growth, with significant investment in developing cutting edge analytical products in the data, analytics, and visualisation space. Therefore, the data migration manager will support that growth by leading on the delivery of several core systems data migrations for clients as well as driving forward the development of the service offering and associated products. The team works across a range of sectors and systems which for the right individual will provide a stretching and exciting opportunity.
- Defining an appropriate data migration strategy based on input from our client.
- Overseeing and ensuring delivery of all aspects of data analysis, mapping and creation of a data transfer process using an industry standard tool.
- Overseeing and ensuring delivery of the testing and reconciliation of data migrated against source systems.
- Project management of the data migration.
- Defining the overall approach with consideration for the impact on the client's business process.
- Defining and assessing the impact of any changes to scope on the time, cost and quality of the migration.
- Developing and pitching proposals to a client which demonstrate a clear understanding of their business
- Managing data migration consultant's day to day.
- Building stakeholder relationship with the client to identify any further opportunities
- Contributing to the building of the data migration practice through the creation of new propositions and products.
- Setting of data migration strategy
- Delivery of a data migrations of financial and operational data.
- Team and people management including offshore and nearshore consultants.
- Project management and delivery
- An understanding of financial accounting principles and double entry bookkeeping in a data migration context.
- Extract/transform/load tooling (e.g. SQL, SSIS, Alteryx, ADF)
- Project management.
- Data migration reconciliation and testing
- D365 data migration experience
- Oracle NetSuite data migration experience.
- Experience with Azure cloud environment
- Experience in data cleansing and manipulation and knowledge of at least one database language e.g. T-SQL
This is an exciting opportunity to for an experienced consultant looking to take the step up in to a management role where you can utilise your technical and commercial abilities to drive value. In return the client can offer flexible working as well as excellent remuneration package and career development.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search