Manager - Data Management and Governance
Tier 1 Management consulting firm requires a Data Management and Governance expert to join their Data Team to help enable their Financial Services clients to optimise the use of their data to deliver on their business strategy.
As a Manager you will be working with a broad range of top tier clients and will be will accountable for building and developing the data management and data governance capability. You will be expected to have a proven track record of advising clients and leading teams within large projects in strategy, design and implementation. You will be expected not only to dive into the technical details but also to be able to translate these into business terms to solve client issues.
Prior consulting experience is not essential, so individuals must demonstrate the required core consulting skills and business acumen. For example:
- In-depth current sector experience in either Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance with knowledge of key business drivers and key regulations in the industry (e.g. GDPR, MiFID II, MiFIR, Brexit, LIBOR, operational resilience, FinTech and digital ledger technology).
- A proven track record of working with stakeholders to assess scope of work, developing business cases for data change and delivering benefits by leveraging industry insights.
- The ability to build constructive working relationships both across different teams, functions and countries at all levels, as well as build lasting client relationships with senior stakeholders and a network and range of experience to help address client needs.
- Have a keen interest in future technology trends and use these to develop and drive market propositions/capability.
- Coordinate the sales lifecycle, proposal, and RFP development and identify profitable opportunities and sell-on at client work.
- Make a significant contribution in developing a market proposition/capability and wider practice contribution.
Specifically you will have strong technical experience in a number of the following:
- Proven experience in leading a small team or workstream with a focus on data management / data governance best practice
- Capturing data requirements for large scale transformation programmes, through working with a broad range of stakeholders, running workshops and managing team.
- Experience of data lineage, taxonomies, catalogue and metadata management.
- Experience in defining, designing and implementing policies, standards, guidelines, tools, metrics and standards for data management and governance framework.
- Experience with data management / governance technologies, such as Collibra, Informatica, Ataccama etc.
- Experience in supporting the definition and implementation of a data strategy
- Proven experience defining and executing data quality framework using tooling and dashboarding
To excel in this role, you are able to fully grasp the complexity of data management and governance, its importance in marketplace currently and why it is critical for current and potential clients. In return a stimulating, collaborative environment will be provided where each person can reach their extraordinary potential.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search