Data Analyst - SQL, VB, .Net - 6-month FTC (salary based contract)
We have partnered with a multinational financial services and asset management company to appoint a new Data Analyst within their every growing "Workplaces Pensions" team.
Initially, this role is being recruited on a 6-month fixed term basis, but there may be scope for extension or permanent appointment after the initial engagement. Location-wise, the team are usually based in Hove but working remotely at the moment. The organisation takes a pragmatic approach to remote working, so applications are welcome from candidates based further afield.
As Data Analyst, in this busy team you will have the opportunity to work with SQL, VB and .Net. You will work closely with the business as well as project teams to build and test data deliverable.
There are plenty of opportunities to further your career within this organisation, in particular you will have the opportunity to further your experience with:
- EXCEL manipulation
- MS Word templates
- Power BI or other dashboarding tools.
- MongoDB & Snowflake
- Agile / Scrum delivery
Existing experience in any of these areas would be really advantageous, but not essential.
On a daily basis you would be:
- Designing, creating, maintaining & enhancing Management Information and Business Intelligence deliverable to provide high quality, accurate, visually appealing outputs to meet the needs of internal & external customers
- Pro-actively managing data and implementing technical controls to embed data by design; documenting technical data definitions for applications & processes; providing technical expertise to support Data quality measurement, monitoring and reporting.
- Building and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships across the company. Understanding the needs & concerns of different areas (Ops, Finance, Marketing, etc) and delivering data deliverable tailored to the needs of individual areas.
- Leading and/or supporting Product Owners as Design Authority in scrum team projects, facilitating sprint ceremonies (such as Show and Tell, Design Authority Scrums)
- Adopting a think like a customer focus, continually evaluating the quality of all deliverable,
- including those of 3rd parties, to ensure the end-product is fit for purpose and acceptable to all stakeholders.
- Keeping up to date with trends, taking ownership of development, embracing new technologies & implementing tools to improve the data operations function
- Ensuring that appropriate prioritisation, planning and contingency for customer issues are integrated into solution designs so that they are central to delivery and aligned to internal policies.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search