Senior Software Development Engineering in Test (SDET) - Automation Testing
Based in Hove 3 days a week
Huge progression opportunities and chance to learn more of the latest Automation testing tools
Your role at a glance
We are looking for Senior Software Development Engineering in Test professional to drive our expansive move to automation testing, including exciting investments in some of the latest automation testing tools. In this role you will be leading testing in product and project development teams to ensure delivery of high quality software, driving quality improvements and be an integral part of the team success.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be joining a very supportive environment, enhance your experiences with automation and manual testing projects and progress your career
What You'll Be Doing
- Leading and delivery software testing for various development teams, meeting the time/budget, matching business cases, test strategies and commercial agreements
- Working with SDET manager, Business analysts and Business users to determine the adequate test coverage and developing test principles
- Performing test execution, taking user stories, help set assessment criteria, run test scripts, find defects, re-test and manage the tests.
- Complying with test methodologies and standards
- Understanding and shaping acceptance criteria and static testing, being a key part of the business analyst/develop/test triad and the project development team.
- Challenging and offering improvement ideas to test principles and processes as well as ensuring to ensure business objectives and audit requirements are met
- Highly competitive Salary Range plus very generous personal performance bonus. (can go as high as 33%)
- Based in Hove but flexibility to work at home 2 or 3 days a week
- Excellent benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, various discounts etc.
- Fantastic opportunity to join a very well established business on their journey to be a 90% automated testing operation
- Training and study support will be available, can upskill and learn latest automation testing tools in supportive environment
What we're Looking for
- An expertise with software testing and development lifecycle (SDLC) and how it fits in with the software development process
- Strong test leadership skills so you're able to perform test scheduling and implementing the execution of the schedules
- Both manual and test automation experiences ideally with commercial experiences using some of the tools such as Jira, Java, Cucumber, IntelliJ, Selenium, Jenkins, Maven etc
- Experience with test methodologies across multiple projects (waterfall, Agile, Extreme etc)
- Good Defect management experience and ability
- At least 2 of the following competencies
- Web testing
- Exploratory testing
- Manual testing
- Test automation
- Agile development and testing
- Test management and strategy
- API testing
- Non-functional testing such as performance, accessibility or security
For more information and immediate review, please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search