I am currently looking for a Technical Business Analyst to work for a large financial organisation based in Hove.
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will play an important role in the by utilising best practice assessment, analysis and design techniques to solve business requirements, problems and significant incidents, in order to support the IT Portfolio of change.
You will work closely with IT Product Owners, IT Delivery Managers and Developers across the IT Engineering and Delivery Function, colleagues in the Group Change and Delivery, and our core partners to understand our system landscape, interfaces, Data and Processes, making recommendations for continuous improvement
Key deliverables will include -
- Analysing Business Requirements, challenge and translate into viable Technical / System Specifications that deliver scalable, robust and effective change. Ensuring that Functional / Non-Functional and Security criteria are adequately addressed.
- Developing IT Models and artefacts for defining the current and future state of finance systems, identifying gaps, opportunities, risks and impacts. Providing options and supporting wider GFIT technical teams to achieve the most appropriate solution
- Demonstrating the use of best-practice system analysis tools and techniques to assess fitness for purpose, feasibility and modes of failure through "root cause analysis".
- Understanding the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC), and following defined processes, ensuring the appropriate levels of quality are maintained. Understanding the importance of thorough requirements gathering and maintaining traceability throughout the lifetime of the project.
- A background in Finance or Actuarial Systems is desirable
- Good knowledge of systems analysis methodologies and approaches, such as; gap / options analysis, feasibility studies, prototyping, problem identification, process mapping, requirements elicitation etc.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, waterfall and agile approaches is required
- Outstanding systems analysis experience in a technically challenging and diverse environment.
- Good experience of specific systems analysis techniques such as UML, activity diagrams & swim lanes.
- Comfortable engaging with business users, eliciting requirements and exploring functionality to ensure positive outcomes.
- Supporting development of business case and testing across the SDLC.
- Running technically focused workshops to understand systems and usability requirements.
If this is something of interest and you would like more information, please feel free to give me a call on 02076541092
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search