Data Scientist (Python & R ) - Contract - West London
My client a leading FTSE100 company are looking to recruit a Data Scientist (Python & R) on a 3 month intial contract to join their team in West London, with initially working from home. Please note this role will be set up through Umbrella or PAYE. The Data Scientist - Python & R will have several initiatives around sales, consumption and promotions. Our client needs additional resource to help with models' developments, forecasting algorithms, intervention analysis and simulations.
The key responsibilities for the Data Scientist (Python & R);
- Contribute to all aspects of the Data Science Project Lifecycle from scope through to production
- Provide help on monitoring ongoing data quality and model performance
- Own and define the key performance indicators (KPIs) and diagnostics to measure performance against business goals
- Compile, integrate, and analyse data from multiple sources to answer business questions
- Conceptualize, formulate, prototype and implement algorithms to solve business problems
Key skills and experience for the Data Scientist (Python & R):
- Proven extensive experience developing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms on large data sets
- Be an expert in R and Python programming for Data Science
- Be an expert in mining large & very complex data sets using SQL and Spark.
- Have in depth understanding of statistical modelling techniques and the mathematical foundations of applied ML and AI algorithms and models. Particularly time series forecasting.
- Have in depth understanding of statistical modelling / ML techniques for time series forecasting (ARIMA, ETS, Prophet, TS pattern detection, and ML methods)
- Strong experience with Causal inference, Intervention analysis and Scenarios simulation.
- Have a good working knowledge cloud-based data science frameworks and toolkits. Working knowledge of Azure and Databricks is preferred.
- Are experienced in Agile methodologies and the hypothesis-driven approach
- Have a deep knowledge of a sufficiently broad area of technical specialism (e.g. Machine Learning, Optimisation, Applied Mathematics, Simulation, Bayesian Methods etc.), and are a valued and trusted expert
This is a contract position working for a top FTSE100 company as a Data Scientist (Python & R) based in West London. Please note this role will be set up through Umbrella or PAYE. To apply to the Data Scientist (Python & R) please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search