We are currently recruiting for a CMDB Analyst. The Configuration Management Database (CMDB) Analyst will have the responsibility for administering the CMDB within the organisation. This role will be responsible for maintain the CMDB to include: discovery, configuration item maintenance and service/application modelling. Additionally, this role implements and maintains integrations between CMDB and other platforms and tools.
Remote role, 1-2 days a week in the office (Hove).
- Responsible for identifying change categories as set out in the categorisation schema and the information set out in the CMDB and associate the Operational Change Record to the relevant configuration items.
- Accountable for identifying any CIs not recorded in the CMDB or incorrectly recorded and adding or correcting such records; taking corrective action if a physical audit identifies any deficiency in the accuracy or completeness of the records in the CMDB and conduct assurance reviews and physical audits in accordance with the configuration management audit plan and provide evidence to auditors of the accuracy and completeness of the records in the CMDB and the existence of Cis.
- Responsible for validating that all items being rolled out or changed are secured in accordance with the Customer Security Document and traceable through the Customer CMDB.
- Accountable for responding to incidents that relate to the changing of software or hardware assets, by updating details for the CMDB or coordinate with the relevant agreed process to confirm updates are made.
- Responsible for contributing to capacity, availability, problem management, change management and knowledge management activities within the team, and undertaking Continual Service Improvements as a day to day activity.
- Actively identify risks, ensure they are appropriately logged and tracked at the appropriate forums, and take appropriate action to mitigate or resolve.
- Define, develop and deliver processes and systems to ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customers' expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to our Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Continually work to build effective, positive working relationships with both our Third-Party Service providers and the wider IT communities, to enable us to deliver a fantastic customer service and be viewed as a single, valued IT partner.
- ITIL v3 Certified
- Relevant technical qualification or professional qualification or accreditation or equivalent.
- Preferably a confirmed technical certification
- Demonstrable knowledge of the management of a CMDB
- Experience of working with ServiceNow
- Experience of ITIL Asset Management
- Influencing others to move toward a common vision or goal.
- Working effectively with diverse teams across multiple locations.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills, and a good understanding of the use of different channels and formats for different audiences
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search