Our Edinburgh based banking client are currently offering an exciting opportunity for an MQ Technical Analyst to join their team on an initial 6 month contract, with a possible extension.
MQ zOS v9.2 Upgrade Project Role
Working in a project team to deliver MQ zOS 9.2 upgrade in test and production Sysplexes hosting core banking systems. MQ zOS architecture is comprised of numerous Queue Sharing Groups, standalone queue managers and MQ clusters.
- Facilitate the implementation of upgraded MQ platform
- Provide a guaranteed 2nd and 3rd level support service for all issues related to the upgrade project.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a set of approved standards, guidelines, procedures and policies that relate to the upgrade.
- Provide out-of-hours/weekend to support the implementation of platform upgrade on a regular basis
- Must be able to commit to meet project dates
Essential Technical Experience
- experience as MQ SME supporting MQ zOS in a large and complex environment
- Configuration, delivery and support of MQ zOS infrastructure
- Working with third party vendors
- Linux/Unix skills advantageous
Other Skills required
- Proven success in delivery of high quality, cost effective infrastructure services in a large, complex, high availability environment.
- Experience in a cohesive and collaborative approach with wide range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Proven track record of problem determination and problem solving skills
- Planning and Implementation
- Strong understanding of the critical business service
- Ability to deliver appropriate quality solutions under pressure
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written in technical and non-technical environments
- Willingness to help other colleagues and use knowledge acquired to improve team processes
- Ability to accept and manage a variety of demands on a day-to-day basis
If this is something of interest, please apply and I will be in touch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search