An exciting and fast-paced place to work, with the culture of an entrepreneurial small business, yet delivering high-quality enterprise-grade industry-firsts into the global wholesale insurance market.
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help drive forward our portfolio of challenging and interesting projects.
Joining the software engineering team as Software Engineer, you will deliver exceptional technical development on digital projects as directed by the Lead Software Engineer. You will work on cutting edge projects, redefining the insurance industry through microservices, automation and APIs. The role will provide opportunities to stretch your problem-solving skills, working on real world problems and impacting real users.
There is a relaxed dress code for developers and a start-up culture which encourages team learning and experimenting, whilst focusing on enterprise-grade resilient software delivery.
What you'll bring:
- MVC Node.js
- Understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Database creation, integration, and management: relational + non-relational
- Working within an Agile environment
- API creation and integration
- Microservices architecture
- Consuming APIs / web services
- Strong git version control
- High level of coding standards in style and design patterns
- Best practice security, with at least OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities covered
- Strong ability to write unit, feature & integration tests
- Contribution towards code reviews
- The ability to write comprehensive documentation when required
- Use of best practices within project framework
- Experience writing reusable libraries and modules
- Ability to analyse user and stakeholder requirements
- Experience managing releases through CI/CD
Desirable extra skills and experience:
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- DevOps (Jenkins or similar)
- Cloud Infrastructure (Azure or AWS)
- Cloud Formation
- Strong software architecture
- Static analysis and automation
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted