IT Support Team Leader - Fixed Term Contract
A Biotech Company based in Milton Keynes are working with the government in supporting with COVID-19. They are looking to recruit an IT Support Team Leader on a Fixed Term Contract to grow their IT team. Please note this role requires experience of managing a small team.
The responsibilities for the IT Support Team Leader include:
- To oversee, take ownership of, and play a hands-on part in all aspects of IT service delivery, from end user support to installing, configuring and maintaining servers and network systems.
- You will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, providing leadership to a five-person IT support team.
- This will involve specifying, designing, assigning and coordinating technical activities, to ensure delivery of integrated and effective holistic IT services and solutions by the whole team.
- The role will generally involve working standard office hours, Monday to Friday, but out-of-hours work will be required on occasion to support project implementations and service incidents. Also, shift work and some overnight on-call provision will be required on occasion, typically to cover absences for other team members who routinely work shifts and on-call.
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Significant experience of workload management for a technical team of at least four people.
- Experience of managing a team, people experience
- Sound understanding, based on demonstrable experience, of leading a customer-focused IT technical service delivery function
- Comprehensive knowledge of Hybrid Azure AD, Group Policy and 365 email.
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of installing/administrating Microsoft server operating systems, including Hyper-V 2019.
- Highly proficient in PC hardware set-up and configuration and Windows 10 administration
- Working knowledge of network technologies including switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi and VPN.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and propose solutions while satisfying any constraints imposed by the business i.e. resource or time.
- Set up, support and maintain a virtualised infrastructure which comprises Hyper-V, Windows Server 2012-2019, Storage Spaces Direct
- Experience of end point management, performance and capacity monitoring tools.
This is a fixed term contract position as an IT Support Team Leader.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search