Senior Service Designer - Glasgow (remote) - 6 Month Contract
Our Public Sector client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Service Designer to join on a 6 month initial contract.
Main duties include:
- Support the design and implementation of services, strategies, and policies to ensure business requirements and user needs are being met.
- Advocate for inclusive, collaborative, user centred service design practices and embed them into service design and delivery.
- Advise on which service design tools and methods to use.
- Work with user researchers to understand and meet the needs of users across a variety of channels.
- Champion design for users for whom assisted digital and / or accessibility technologies are required to access a service.
- Facilitate co-design with design teams, citizens services users, and other stakeholders.
- Prototype and validate proposed design solutions using a variety of prototyping tools.
- Identify and understand constraints, communicate these and work within them (including challenging the validity of constraints where appropriate whilst ensuring standards are being met.)
- Make and guide on design decisions and communicate how decisions have been reached.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/knowledge:
- Experience in a digital service design setting, designing and delivering a wide range of service design activities including: support team members to understand the value of design, negotiating design briefs and service developments, leading service design activates, and delivering service outcomes based on user, staff and organisational needs.
- Ability to choose and apply appropriate user-centred design methods (from data gathering, idea &concept generation, and prototyping) for different design life cycle phases and situations.
- Ability to communicate design approaches and insights effectively in such a way as to stimulate conversation and collaboration.
- Knowledge of other user centred design practices and experience of collaborating with them for service delivery.
- Promote the value of iterative design based on user feedback
- Enable the design process through the visual communication of ideas
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search