Cloud Infrastructure Test Engineer
Our client is looking for a highly skilled Cloud Infrastructure Test Engineer to join their Glasgow based team for a 6 months initial contract.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have strong & expert hands on manual and automated test design & development skills to meet the requirements of this position. We are looking for someone with previous experience of testing the 'Development of a Cloud Infrastructure solution as it was being built' rather than testing the applications and services hosted on an infrastructure that is already built.
Similarly the candidates would have skills in developing new automation test framework for the purpose of proving the infrastructure including but not limited to; IaC (codifying), VPC, ALB/NLB, Security Groups, WAF/Proxies, EC2, S3, IAM, deployment via Terraform, etc.
- Previous infrastructure testing experience in a Cloud hosting solution with AWS or similar:
- ability to operate as a tester in a common AWS architecture
- extrapolate test requirements from a given infrastructure to test AWS services in a shared component architecture
- expertise in designing, developing and execution of manual infrastructure tests
- Documenting the processes, procedures and ways of working to maintain the testing artefacts.
- Experience of developing automated test framework for infrastructure testing;
- using Ruby based Chef InSpec (or similar)
- to enrich the Infrastructure as Code (IaC) develop by DevOps
- to design & develop continuous integration & deployment pipelines for testing with Jenkins or similar
- to ensure security policies are applied and run on a regular basis
- to run as an assurance test pack
- Experience in Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT);
- good understanding of OAT and proven track record
- planning, scheduling, designing, developing and execution of OAT tests
- ability to coordinate OAT activities with various project and programme stakeholders
- good hands on skills to prepare test plans, daily/weekly reports and test closure documents.
- Hands on experience in;
- Linux / Unix and Windows Server
- Demonstrate an understanding of test methodologies and a DevOps approach to delivery
- Consistent and principled approach to testing
- Knowledge of CI/CD technologies including testing Terraform deployments or similar
This hands-on Infrastructure Test Engineer role will focus on the testing of the AWS hosted infrastructure. Within the DevOps pool, led by the Infrastructure Test Manager and part of a small group of Infrastructure Test Engineers. Main tasks as follows:
- Developing the automated test scripts to supplement the existing test framework following a risk-based infrastructure testing approach aligned to the Infrastructure Test Strategy.
- Delivering the OAT responsibilities for various project scopes and taking the ownership in this area
- Adopting a standardised approach to test preparation and execution of all infrastructure testing across the programme.
- Developing continuous integration test pipeline for regression test purpose
If interested, please submit your cv
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age