3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - Swindon
My client a top financial company are currently recruiting for a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer on a permanent basis in Swindon. You will be working in IT Operations and Service Delivery - End User Services, you'll be part of team delivering the latest operating system versions, applications and features to our employees, providing them with the tools they need to deliver a service to our members.
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Hands on evaluation and impact assessment of new technologies and releases
- Investigation and root cause analysis of issues, incidents or problems and identifying possible solutions or mitigation's.
- Providing SME guidance for application compatibility and remediation
- Collaborating on design uplifts, reviews and approvals
- Improving configuration to optimise security, performance and stability.
- Authoring and updating processes and procedures to ensure their continual improvement
- Supporting the provision of technology solutions
The key skills & experience required:
- An IT professional with significant experience of providing 3rd line support.
- Have a significant and in-depth knowledge of Operating Systems and software including:
- Group Policy and Security
- Quality, Servicing and Feature Updates
- Application Packaging and Deployment
- Scripting, command line and PowerShell
- Build and Configuration Management
- Have a significant and in-depth knowledge of relevant Configuration Manager tools, for example Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Understanding of IT/ITIL Service Management (Incident, Capacity/ Availability, Knowledge, Problem, Change, Release & Configuration Management).
- Have keen interest in new technologies and industry best practices, with a drive for continual skill development.
- A flexible attitude and able to adapt to a constantly evolving environment.
To apply to the 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer role please send a CV or call to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search