DevOps BI Manager - Umbrella/PAYE Contract
My client are a FTSE100 company that are currently looking to recruit a DevOps Manager within their Digital and Data Analytics space. This role with manage the optimisation of delivery for platforms and applications.
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Lead the Business Intelligence development team; manage the resource to ensure optimal delivery and ensure the correct resource is in place to meet demand.
- Experienced in Kimball Methodology
- Optimise the delivery of business intelligence platforms and applications, in terms of both throughput and quality, by promoting and embedding DevOps and DataOps tools and processes and agile delivery methods as appropriate.
- Continually improve the stability and resilience of our platforms by defining and advocating work packages to address technical debt and delivering those work packages once they have been accepted into the portfolio.
- Coach and develop staff; encourage learning and personal development; cross-skill staff across the technologies within the business intelligence stack to create a flexible resource pool with no single points of failure
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Extensive experience of usage and design of tools and systems for advanced BI dashboards on cloud and on premise.
- Extensive experience of development and operation of different types of enterprise grade analytics solutions (data warehousing, data marts, OLAP cubes, self service analytics, data blending and visualisation, data mining, predictive analytics, data science platforms)
- Significant experience of different development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban).
- Familiarity with DevOps and DataOps tools and processes (CI/CD, Automated Testing, Automated Provisioning) and an understanding of their application to business intelligence platforms
- AI and Machine Learning knowledge as this helps understand algorithms, procedures and data handling.
- An understanding of application architecture, solution architecture, and enterprise architecture and the value it can add to an organisation.
- Expertise in Database systems including Oracle, SQL, Teradata, Mongo DB etc.
This is a contract role working for a top company as a DevOps Manager.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search