Lorien are working with a FTSE 100 company who require a Android Developer to join their thriving Product Development team based in London.
The Android Software Engineer role is based in a product development scrum team and you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our current code base; implementing new functionality and designs that users love. You'll shape the way we use and adopt new technologies and practices, and happily teach other engineers on how to use them.
- Has commercial experience of writing Android applications with Kotlin and Java
- Is passionate about the importance of testing and promotes TDD
- Has a genuine passion for delivering high quality code and likes to debate the merits of different solutions
- Wants to use the latest technologies and takes initiative to improve the way the team works
- Has a sense of ownership and responsibility for the work you and your team deliver
A typical week as a Android Developer might involve
- Developing features and improvements to their Android application, with the use of Kotlin and Java
- Collaborating with internal contacts and the team to find solutions to complex problems
- Contributing to key decisions, including which features to include during team sprints
- Estimating user stories
- Reviewing other developers' code and debating options as a team
- Investigating and promoting the latest, emergent technologies
- Working in an Agile environment
Company benefits include:
- Massive opportunity for career progression in many areas of the business
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 days holiday
- Yoga/running/film clubs
- Daily fruit baskets
If you are interested please apply within or contact Ryan Hutton directly.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted