Business Systems Analyst
We are currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join our trusted client in Brighton on an initial 6 month contract basis. A new programme has been launched to procure and implement a new online parking permit system to encompass all permit types and, to be able to integrate with an online customer account portal.
As a business system analyst you will be joining the programme as a core member of the Systems Improvement Project Team over part of its Discovery phase, and into the Design phase. You will contribute to the development of a set of business and technical requirements, as well as any other related documentation e.g. process maps, data diagrams, blueprints, etc. that can be used to support the tender exercise.
- To plan and facilitate workshops and discussions to effectively understand business problems and achieve shared understanding of business needs.
- To identify and establish effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders to ensure appropriate, sustained business and technical input into projects
- To collect and analyse data to inform decisions on service improvement
- To document functional and non-functional requirements/technical and functional user stories clearly and unambiguously in terms that that understood by business and technical stakeholders.
- To produce and/or contribute to a range of other analysis outputs including; business process mapping, storyboards, context diagrams, business cases, gap analysis, project feasibility studies, benefits realization plans, test plans, and business readiness plans.
- To work as part of a scrum team, when applicable, and support the team in delivery and promote and encourage agile behaviours with all stakeholders
- To liaise with business users, 3rd party suppliers and internal technical teams
- Strong and relevant previous work experience operating as a Business Analyst in a technical environment.
- Substantial experience of gathering business requirements and translating them into cost-effective functional requirements
- Experience of conducting 'as is' and 'to be' process mapping
- Substantial experience of documenting use cases, business cases, test plans, acceptance criteria and business readiness plans
- Substantial and strong stakeholder management experience
- Experience of data gathering and data analysis
- Experience of delivering change as part of an agile team, not essential but desired.
- Project experience across a range of methodologies and frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, waterfall etc.)
If this role would be suitable for you, please apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search