Senior Project & Development Officer
Transport, Highways & Engineering
6 Month Contract
Our Public Sector client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project & Development Officer to join their Bedford based team on a 6 month initial contract.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/knowledge:
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience.
- Ideally a qualified Prince2 practitioner, with experience of managing Transport & Highway related projects and a good understanding of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience of local authority transport functions and associated legislation, including parking, public and client transport, traffic operations, fleet policies / strategies / initiatives and business procedures, including tendering, negotiation and compliance management.
- Good understanding of corporate systems and procedures, experience of budget management, high level organisational awareness and the ability to maintain awareness of current issues and priorities within each of the service teams.
- Excellent IT skills with a good working knowledge and experience of MS Office software packages.
- Experience in implementing change management, and associated processes and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR).
- Experience in risk management, including business continuity planning and health & safety risk assessment and risk mitigation action planning.
- Excellent organisational, resource management and prioritisation skills, along with the ability to act on own initiative and work independently.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted