We don't seem to have what you're looking for at the moment.
However, don't let that stop you, we get jobs in all the time, they may not be on our site just yet.
Are you an Environment Manager / Environments Engineer / Production Support Manager / DevOps Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity?
Our client is a leading global retail organisation looking for an Environments Engineer to join their collaborative and forward thinking IT team in Watford (a short walk from the train station). The Environment Manager will work with various scrum teams in supporting and managing environment setup activities, fixing / resolving environmental issues and maintaining stability. You will work as an experienced technical manager within an Agile framework to provide support for the Dev / Test environments.
As an Environment Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
* Implement technical environment across on premise platforms, working with key stakeholders
* Establish and implement standard patterns for environment health checks
* Design and develop processes to support continuous delivery
* Task ownership of resolving technical environment defects ensuring the defects are logged and resolved
* Assist in test environment setup , configuration and support of ongoing test activities
* Assist in continuous improvement of test environment management activities to ensure testing cycle runs smoothly
* Support branching and merging strategies alongside Tech leads as necessary
* Manage JIRA and ensure all features/stories are well version controlled and necessary reporting can be extracted from JIRA
* Design and implement configuration management activities to ensure features are merged and version controlled as in place as necessary
* Perform ongoing daily operational responsibilities in the Tooling & Configuration Management (CM) Process
* Effective communication and coordination with other teams including scrum teams, support and test teams
To succeed within this role, you will ideally hold SOME of the following skills and experience:
* Managing and provisioning test environments
* Experience of handling Data Refresh for multiple test environments inter connected to 3rd party systems * Understanding of Networks architecture including load balancing and performance monitoring
* Experience of working with in a collaborative manner with a combination of nearshore and offshore teams (potentially provided by multiple suppliers)
* Good communication, presenting, collaboration and partner management skills
* Small script writing capabilities for the purpose of data cleansing or data loading etc.
Experience of SOME of the following technologies would be advantageous but meeting all technical criteria is certainly not an essential for a technically minded candidate willing to learn:
This is an opportunity to join a really great organisation in a role that is pivotal to their Dev / Test environments. Great benefits are offered including 25 days holiday, pension, bonus, share options and car allowance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age