Lorien are working closely with an Edinburgh based technology client who are currently on the lookout for a Xamarin Developer to join their growing team...
Analyst Developer - Edinburgh - 6-9 months - Inside IR35
Our public sector client is looking for an Analyst Developer to join their team on an initial 6-9 month contract based in Edinburgh.
- Significant proven success in software development roles with extensive hands-on experience.
- In-depth ability to develop web based applications in Python or Java, using a framework (preferably Django or Spring).
- Strong understanding of a RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL preferred) Proficient with SQL(preferably PL/SQL)
- Knowledge of structured software development techniques and tools
- Systems Analysis and Design techniques
- Use of API first strategies for development with cloud based systems.
- Experience of Finance (ABS eFinancials) and/or HR systems (Oracle eBusiness Suite).
- Agile development methods.
- Evidence of an ability to provide appropriate technical support for the implementation and integration of a large-scale software package.
- Knowledge of software quality assurance tools and techniques
- Knowledge of WS02 middleware architecture
- Knowledge of web security standards and tools. eg: oAuth2, JWT tokens, certificates, encryption.
- Use of Docker, or some other form of virtualisation or containerisation technology, for local development.
- Knowledge of automated testing and error handling techniques
- Knowledge of relevant external standards and UK legislative requirements governing software development, e.g. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), W3C and Disability Discrimination Act.
- Knowledge of Code Management (eg. Version Control, Release Management) and Automated Deployment/Continuous Integration tools would be advantageous.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age