Senior UX Designer
As one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Senior UX designer to join the team in Newbury on an initial contract until 31st March 2020 with a view to extend.
Please note that the successful applicant will have to operate via an Umbrella Company or as a PAYE contractor.
The purpose of your role is to uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design. At this level, we expect you to define and be accountable for the service and experience, interface structure, and interface design.
- Master interaction design as a discipline and a practice.
- Collaborate with users to understand user needs, identify design opportunities, and create meaningful user experiences.
- Lead interaction design activities within a Scrum team, including user and stakeholder workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction design definitions.
- Lead the definition of interactions and services based on relevant business, technical, and design considerations.
- Create instant tangibility for the design team and wider stakeholder group through visual storytelling and service and interaction design techniques
- Explain, discuss and justify design decisions effectively. Give effective feedback and direction to others in the team.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Present the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Plan, design, facilitate, and synthesize workshops.
Key Skills and Experience
- High dexterity in speed and quality with the tools of your trade. Especially Sketch and Axure.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centred design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members including engineering, product management, and user research
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions
- Ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows and wireframes, and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes
- A history of being part of teams who focus on user centred design practices to develop new products and services
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to research, visual design, and prototyping. Broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations and refines mastery of primary skillset
- Knowledge of complex systems and apps will be a benefit.
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted