Customer Service AgentLorien are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor with experience of dealing with inbound calls to join a nationwide IT Service Provider...
Service Desk Analyst
Lorien are currently working with for an award-winning UK energy and solutions organisation who have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join their IT Team based in their Northampton office on a permanent basis.
The engineer will be an ambitious and driven employee who uses solid knowledge of help desk operational procedures, hardware and software to help the team to deliver optimal service to the end users. Whilst the role is to be based in Northampton, you will also be responsible for provision of help desk support to business users located in other offices including London Bridge, Portsmouth, Bracknell and outsourced development team in Eastern Europe.
- Helpdesk experience including knowledge of standard Windows desktop/laptop installations, Office 2010/2013 installations
- Some understanding of Office 365 environment would be a plus
- Experience in configuring and supporting mobile users including tablet and smart phone
- Experience in configuring AD accounts, Exchange server 2010/2013 mail accounts, domain permissions, printing services
- Solid understanding of VoIP services and ability to support VoIP users and diagnose and debug issues
- Basic understanding of network protocols, networking principles and the role of VPN is required (understanding of OSI as a minimum)
- Experience in configuring user security through corporate enterprise security systems, i.e. McAfee Enterprise or Sophos Enterprise or a similar
- Good understanding of backup-2-disk and backup-2-tape technologies, backup scheduling and ability to write backup/restore procedures/policies
- Basic understanding of the role of various networking services including DNS, FTP, WWW and protocols including HTTP/HTTPS, TLS etc
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has already worked in the IT industry in the role of a junior help desk engineer and who would like to further improve skills in this area.
If this is something of interest to you and you would like more information please feel free to call me on 02076541092.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age