Senior Engineer (GoogleCloud/ Azure) London 6 Months Our Banking client is looking for a highly skilled Senior Engineer (GoogleCloud/ Azure) to join their London based...
Head of Application Delivery
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Application Delivery to join their team. The purpose of the role is to lead the Application Delivery Service, executing on digital initiatives, ensuring they are effectively positioned, planned and managed to deliver products that align with the organisation's priorities and user needs.
This will involve:
- Design and strategy: Leading application delivery service. Defining the strategy for the delivery, integration and architecture of internal tools and external industry systems. Creating, refining and challenging policies, roadmaps and vision statements.
- Plan and resource: Working with the Head of IT Portfolio, identify delivery options and resources. Plan the phasing of delivery to meet business needs. Create multidisciplinary teams to manage the delivery of internal and industry systems.
- Manage and deliver: Leading and motivating delivery teams comprised of delivery, development and testing resource. Managing fast paced and effective delivery using Agile practices.
As the Head of Application Delivery your key responsibilities will include;
- Manage the delivery of enterprise-level systems including enterprise resource planning, website and e-commerce (Sitecore), learning management and human capital management systems.
- Guide and develop the design of systems to meet the goals of the organisations. Lead Data and System architects to deliver data models for digital systems.
- Work with Product Owners and Business Analysts to translate business and user needs into technical designs. Help owners to understand the cost and strategy implications of their requirements.
- Understand the needs of system support so applications can be effectively handed over to Operational teams. Works with the Data Protection and Security Officers to ensure systems are secure and compliant.
- Mange the delivery of products using internal, external or blended teams. Build and maintain relationships with external vendors. Develop processes for effective internal and external delivery.
- Work with project managers to plan the budgets for internal and external delivery. Plan the cost-effective delivery of projects. Forecast and monitor operational and capital spend.
- Build teams to effectively deliver applications and changes. Ensure teams deliver effectively on commitments. Motivate the team and act on feedback. Monitor the capabilities needed to deliver. Manage the development of staff.
Benefits Include: Flexible Working, Annual Bonus, Pension and Dental
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age