DevOps Specialist - Montrose, Scotland - Contract
My client a top Global FMCG & Pharmaceutical company is currently looking to recruit a DevOps Specialist to join its team in Montrose, Scotland. Please note that if successful in securing this contract it will need to be set up via an Umbrella Company or PAYE. The DevOps Specialist will be responsible for the following:
The DevOps Specialist will provide technical analysis and development of solutions in support of the Manufacturing processes and will manage the deployment, testing, validation, performance, operations and continuous support and improvement of all Technical, Engineering and Manufacturing applications within each Manufacturing Excellence and Quality and Lab Product team. The DevOps Specialist role requires a balance of business process understanding and technical breadth and an ability to operate in a flexible and agile way to drive efficiency and improvements to the Manufacturing, Technical, Engineering and Quality and Lab Products. The role has increased complexity of geographies, user bases (internal and external) and a large mix of technology and business process understanding.
Dev Focused Responsibilities for the DevOps Specialist:
- Participates in the development and delivery of platform / product strategy
- Participates in the delivery of major platform deployments / expansion
- Participates in the development of new products / features / fixes / technical solutions
- Provision of 2nd and 3rd line support for Manufacturing Excellence Products
- Manages the interactions with innovation teams and the communication / inclusion of the sites
- Identification of opportunities to improve products, systems, interfaces, business processes and performance by effectively exploiting technology to meet business objectives.
- Ensures continuity of business execution
Ops Focused Responsibilities for the DevOps Specialist:
- Manages operational issues across site
- Engages with site tiered accountability process; and participate in Tech Performance Management processes
- Provision of 1st line support for Manufacturing Excellence Products Only complete documents can be evaluated.
- Management of Site product instance monitoring & backlog requests (demand profile)
- Drives service optimisation for Manufacturing products at a site level
- Management of local manufacturing / quality partnerships (own & manage elements of Risk, Quality and Compliance management)
- Identification of value and improvement opportunities (understands the products to maximise the value created through those applications for site and ensures effective use of them)
- Controls Lifecycle Management for services
- Manages Site aspects of archiving and decommissioning activities for systems that have reached the end of their lifecycle
- Participates in troubleshooting of applications across multiple technology domains, products and business areas.
Key experience for the DevOps Specialist:
- Experience of application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Is familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services.
- Has an ability to make appropriate technical decisions, initiating action to resolve operational issues
- Understanding of components of the Enterprise Architecture & ability to identify innovative ways to leverage architecture to add value
- Experience of systems/software development methodologies & ability to select appropriate one to meet objectives
Desirable experience for the DevOps Specialist:
- Understanding of VFQ and Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools.
- Knowledge and experience supporting GxP and Sarbanes Oxley regulated applications
- Holder of ITIL Foundation certificate
- Experience with Validated Computer Systems
- Knowledge and understanding of information security risks, corrective and preventative measures and threat management
- Experience in working with OPC technology, Computer Programming and Interfaces, Automation Systems
- VFQ Certified
This is a contract role for a DevOps Specialist working for a top company on a contract basis. To apply to the DevOps Specialist please send a CV or call to discuss options. Please note that if successful in securing this contract it will need to be set up via an Umbrella Company or PAYE.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age