Are you a Systems Engineer looking for your next contract role? If you love the flash of a command line prompt and take great pride in connecting all the jigsaw pieces of an IT service, then this role is for you!
You will be joining an Agile Devops team where no two days are the same. You'll help deliver new projects through IT strategic change. This includes making sure infrastructure and applications are running smoothly and any errors are fixed. Working closely with support teams and hardware suppliers you'll deliver high quality environments. You'll have an opportunity to enhance your technical skills across a wide range of areas and work with new technology as the company move further into AWS territory.
You will quickly diagnose and resolve connectivity problems, spot why a server is behaving badly in a heartbeat and collaborate with developers to resolve code vs infrastructure conflicts. You will be a Linux expert, ideally with some knowledge of Redhat Git, AWS / public cloud and containerisation technologies such as Docker, Puppet and Kubernetes.
- Extensive Hands on Technical experience in administration of Linux systems
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or other container such as Puppet, CFengine, Chef, Ansible, Salt. Working knowledge and understanding of Puppet is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP/etc)
- Experience of Terraform
- Strong knowledge of Networking - DNS, Load Balancing, Firewalls, routing, etc
- Excellent background in packaging and deployment of applications e.g Java, PHP using Version control systems (GIT) and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins)
- An excellent working knowledge of load balancing, high availability/clustering technologies
- An excellent general working knowledge of IT systems environments i.e. operating systems, networking, applications, platforms and databases.
- An understanding of project & service delivery processes, development & testing methodologies and working to Change and Release managements practices.
If this role is something of interest, please apply using the button below. A full job description is available on application. Please give me a call on 0113 887 8074 to find out more!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age