Data Scientist / Digital Data AnalystWe are currently seeking a Data Analyst / Data Scientist for a leading organisation in Newbury.The Data Scientist will be...
Successful candidate will be part of the central Data & Information team, working in the Transformation business work streams with the business leads, SME's, data owners and stewards to ensure that the required information to populate the data model, is captured. The primary purpose of the data model is to provide an end to end view of the linkage between Process, Application and Data.
The Data Analyst will need to identify the key data elements in each process, identify primary data items and link these to the relevant process maps. The Data Analyst will facilitate workshops where necessary, to capture data definitions, data models, architecture and process linkage, and will drive best practice data governance across the organisation.
- Support business and process leads with knowledge on data management best practices
- Input to the design of the data and architecture model underlying the processes
- Facilitate data workshops and attend work stream workshops to ensure capture of relevant data elements to inform the data model
- Define the Service data strategy
- Identify the data sources within the existing tools and business units and clarify where the gaps are in the existing data, and the extent of the data cleansing and remediation required
- Align the data to the key data taxonomy (the 'Super Seven')
- Define a plan to mitigate/fill the gaps in the existing data and to align existing data to the taxonomy
- Cleanse/correct the data prior to migration to the new service management toolset
- Oversee the migration and correct application of the data
- Provide advice, guidance and support to embed data management and governance best practice.
- Proven track record demonstrating strong competence in structured and rigorous working methods, pragmatic problem solving and effective influencing and communication skills
- Previous transformation programmes
- Programmes Implementing data governance
- Programmes Implementing master data management
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age