ATM Engineer6 monthsEdinburgh based within Financial ServicesThis role requires:Strong technical skills and experience with Windows 7 and Windows Active Directory in a complex environment.Excellent ATM...
Principle DevOps Engineer/Architect - Edinburgh - 6 Month Contract
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Principle DevOps Engineer/Architect to join their Edinburgh based team on a permanent, full time basis.
- You'll be helping create a new Technology Fraud Platform for Personal Banking (PB), which will bring together a single view across numerous applications within the bank.
- The role provides a service into the PB Fraud and Chargebacks Operations business unit, ensuring they have confidence in the systems that support their operations so that they can consistently drive down fraud losses and protect our customers
- Design, production, testing and implementation of working code
- Application of Agile methods to the development of software
- Production of resilient and long-lived software
- Delivery of intentional architecture and the formulation of emergent design
- Use of DevOps techniques
- Development of discipline of software engineering in the bank
- Collaborating and working closely with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external including Third Party Vendors and Managed Services to design strategic and robust Fraud solutions consistent with Technology architecture
- Creating High Level Solution Designs and gaining the necessary approval from Technical Design Authorities
- Supporting the Platform Architect in the delivery of Strategic Fraud architecture by transforming a high level architecture/solution building block into a detailed solution design of a working component
- Providing technical consultancy and support to the Fraud platform team to support the delivery
- Several years of experience using design frameworks, taxonomies, understanding object orientated specifications and be able to demonstrate delivery aligned to a strategy.
- Proven experience of driving solution architecture, design and development within a large scale transactional organisation.
- A very broad understanding of solution architectures, preferably JEE.
- Must have Experience of Industry standards relating to services and solutions and delivery of change
- Must be highly capable at influencing bank-wide solutions, communication and presentation skills; able to explain and present simple to complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have the ability to quickly form productive relationships with technology and business stakeholders and have an eye for big picture
- Must have strong knowledge of emerging technology trends evidenced by development of creative solutions and approaches that improve time to market and agility and robustness of technology solutions
- Previous experience or knowledge of Fraud systems or processes would be a bonus
- Experience of BPM technologies like IBM BPM product set would be a bonus
Should this Principle DevOps Engineer/Architect position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age