Scrum MasterFantastic opportunity to join our Banking client on an initial 6 month contract in London!The successful candidate will have banking experience as well as...
Head of Acquisition - Perm - London
A Head of Acquisition is required to join a leading re-insurance company based in London, on a permanent basis.
You will form part of the Risk Management leadership team and report directly to the Chief Risk Officer. You will support informed risk taking in the business, specifically in relation to Mergers and Acquisitions activity.
Key to the role will be the undertaking on transaction risk reviews.
Skills and experience required of the Head of Acquisition:
- Experience of M&A activity, requirements and understanding of Part VII processes
- Preferable experience in a second line Function and in providing independent peer review of actuarial work, as well as a proven track record of strong risk taking behaviours
- Credit experience desirable
- Experience of communicating effectively with senior stakeholders
- Strong technical capabilities
- Independence of thought with a strong commercial awareness and the confidence and courage to express potentially unpopular views on key issues on behalf of Risk Management
- Strong communication skills including communicating with impact and influence
- Capable of managing potential conflicts of interest
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Excellent report writing skills
- A pro-active and dedicated individual comfortable with the fast paced M&A environment
- Extensive knowledge of the U.K. life insurance market
- Detailed knowledge of Solvency II, actuarial pricing methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of Risk Management framework
Role and Responsibilities of the Head of Acquisition:
- The key responsibility of the role will be to lead the independent assessment of M&A activity to the CRO, and provide independent advice to the Board via "Transaction Risk Reviews
- Acting as the primary lead within Risk Management for all M&A related activity ("core deal team" meetings, interactions with the M&A team, meetings with the seller, external advisors etc.)
- Assessing the reasonableness and robustness of transaction pricing, including performing independent actuarial reviews of the M&A Pricing model(s)
- Assessing the suitability of pre-acquisition integration planning, post-acquisition Target Operating Model, and associated costs
- Assessing the risks (financial, insurance, operational) against risk appetite and limits
- Producing an independent Transaction Risk Review note that sets out your key findings, including recommendations and conditions of approvals for the CRO and Board.
- Interaction with regulators (PRA & FCA) in relation to deal activity as required.
- Provide Risk Management leadership and steering relating to M&A activity (e.g. Risk Appetite Framework, Operational Risk Assessments, consideration of regulatory change impacts on M&A activity etc.)
- Pro-actively identify where support is required on wider Risk Management activity between active transactions and provide assistance as needed. This will include assistance on development / validation of Internal Model, development of Private Debt risk assessment, independent assurance activity and general awareness of the market and macro-economic environment.
- Support and promote the ongoing development of and embedding of the Risk Management framework
For more information and a full job spec, please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age