Insurance or Financial experience is preferredLocation - LondonHybrid - 2 days a week in officeAn exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join a Data Team for one of the largest Global Insurers which is responsible for delivery of strategic solutions under the Data Driven Organisation programme of work, including core data platforms in the guise of the Datawarehouse and associated reporting and analytical solution. We are responsible for the support of these platforms and also providing a data development and analysis function to other teams. In addition to executing the strategic vision of the Data Driven Organisation programme , we work with key stakeholders such as the MI department and business teams across the globe from East to West, who all rely on our data platform provides to drive their business decisions and enable them to meet their reporting obligations. Operating in a global environment under technical guidance from GRS architecture and development teams from both internal and external partners, communication skills and the ability to form and maintain strong, effective relationships is crucial to our success.
- Help the data team deliver on it's strategic objectives
- Working closely with the development teams; using your analysis skill and experience you will break complex requirements down enabling developers to engage and deliver the correct solution
- Gain knowledge of the data team's processes and functions to play an effective role as a custodian of our values and operating methods - you will act as a guide to those looking to engage our team
- Help the data team in it's day to day operations; responding to add-hoc incoming requests and advising those who ask for our assistance
- Help maintain the team's documentation (for both systems and processes)
- Ensure solutions are tested from the beginning of it's development to release
- Assist in impact analysis of change on systems, highlighting the options, impact and potential links between other changes and systems allowing informed decisions to be made
- Maintain strong, close, working relationships with customers of the department and IT colleagues.
- Adhere at all times to company procedures and standards
- Work with business stakeholders and system end users to assist in gathering and understanding requirements
- Owning assigned tasks and seeing these through to successful completion
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both in business and technical terms
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of ETL processes including the ability to analyse existing ETL
- Use of Jira as a tool to track and manage work items and Confluence as a repository of knowledge - we document as we deliver and learn
- Familiarity with SSIS as an ETL tool
- Good knowledge of MS Excel to help with requirements gathering and demonstrating concepts
- Familiarity with SQL, SQL tools and general database principle
- Knowledge of London market insurance
- Good understanding of reporting database systems their design, particularly Kimball modelling methodologies
- Good understanding of data warehouse systems, their function and the business requirements they are intended to service
- General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, including architectural and security concepts, systems development lifecycle, information management and portfolio management
- Experience of working in SAFe Agile development environments.
- Good knowledge of business functions, business operations, objectives and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge IT standards and guidelines
- Experience of data governance principles advantageous
- Experience with application of native AWS technology (Lambda, step functions, Glue, Athena, etc) advantageous
- Experience with any of the following systems is advantageous:
Genius , IRIS , Salesforce or Rulebook
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search