Exciting opportunity for a Lead QA Engineer for a global company.
A bit about the Team: The Finance Platform Team is evolving to support substantial business growth with exciting plans for the future. The team is an increasingly important element of Tech as key business partners for Finance ensuring disciplined evolution, data integrity, process efficiency and control across our business & financial applications, while striving to provide our wide customer base with an excellent service. We are continuously supporting business change, exploring innovative solutions to finance requirements, and restlessly identifying improvements to existing controls, systems and processes to ensure maximum potential and benefit.
The Role: We're looking for a Lead QA Engineer with Microsoft Dynamics 365 FO experience to join the technology team to lead and shape the finance platform QA team, and take accountability for owning the test requirements for our systems and ongoing transformation of finance operations. As the Lead QA Engineer you will define the test strategy, ensure our test scope covers all key business and system operations and deliver increased test automation capabilities for the Finance platform, so we can deliver high quality production software. You'll work with brilliant engineers, solution architects, business analysts and finance professionals and you'll do all of this to help build a fantastic platform for us to continue growing and delivering a great offer for our customers! Our Lead QA Engineer will bring initiative, enthusiasm and a perspective to help shape the outcome of the Finance platform team and contribute towards building lasting capability across this and surrounding Tech teams. You will assist the team and the wider business to provide excellent user experience with the day-to-day operations of all financial & business applications and reporting. You will also help to identify and support new projects across the business, collaborating with the other platforms team to ensure timely and effective results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define the test strategy and test architecture to enable the Finance platform to rapidly and frequently develop and deliver new features and capabilities.
- Lead, mentor and coach our Finance Tech platform testing team.
- Work hands-on with QA team to plan and deliver the QA programme of work.
- Establish QA and test metrics, management controls and status reporting to key stakeholders across the business.
- Work alongside our strategic 3rd party partners who provide application development and software solutions across the finance systems landscape.
- Collaborate with others within your platform team to identify problems, create the optimal solution, and shape the testing programme of work across the MS Dynamics and Finance platform.
- Deploy a plethora of testing techniques and methodologies to ensure that our features are being created to the highest spec, surface any potential issues, and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Assess quality issues and work with key stakeholders to create and drive best practices
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve and control processes across the business to meet the demands of an internationally growing business
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in ERP systems, minimum of 3 years' experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a must, experience of Oracle is also desired
- Experience of RSAT
- Experience of testing the Reports developed via Power BI.
- You have worked in the range of testing methodologies and processes.
- You have experience with functional and non-functional testing such as performance, security and accessibility.
- You have worked with complex systems within a large-scale technology programme.
- Involvement in full end-to-end implementations and all phases of project life cycle.
- You can demonstrate understanding across leading testing principles and methodologies and recognise the relevance to use manual or automation where appropriate and apply exploratory where possible.
- You have worked in continuous integration and deployment environments
- You have test experience across integrations, interfaces and data reconciliation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment involving multiple platforms.
- You have worked on Functional, System Integration, End to End, Regression, Data validation and Interface testing.
- You have proven your ability to learn and develop yourself and team members
- Worked with Microsoft Azure or similar cloud technology such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Finance background/qualifications preferred but not essential.
- Displays sense of urgency, focused on achievement of deliverables to the highest quality in a pressured environment.
- Ability to grasp complex systems and implement practical solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill.
- Experience in low code/no code automation tools is desirable
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- And much more
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search