We are looking for an Application Analyst to fill a permanent position within higher education.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of Report Writing from a large information system, preferably with skills in MS Reporting Services and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases and writing SQL queries, ideally in a SQL Server environment
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Integration experience would be a bonus, but not essential. We use MS Integration Services
- Experience of office administration
Role & Responsibilities:
- To implement, support and maintain the University's Information Systems
- To manage business critical projects within the IS section's operational and strategic programmes, liaising effectively with colleagues and delivering business priorities.
- To identify issues for further action e.g. recognising recurrent systems issues from helpdesk calls and identifying solutions.
- To demonstrate an ability to consider, respond to and problem solve queries drawing on specialist knowledge and experience e.g. analyse helpdesk calls, problem solve issues to resolution involving 3rd parties and colleagues as necessary
- To ensure professional and technical knowledge is kept current through CPD activities.
- To evidence well-maintained and accurate files, documentation and reports as appropriate e.g. project files.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search