We are currently recruiting for a Data Migration Lead, with experience working with SQL skills and Oracle databases. The project is to work on a major system replacement, migrating data from four on-premises applications and multiple Access databases to a newly procured, fully hosted SaaS based solution. Your role would be involved in data cleansing and mapping to migrate data from the existing systems into the new system as a major part of the implementation. The current systems have been in place for more than 20 years, therefore there is a significant volume of records and data within the incumbent systems and associated Access databases, which you and your team will be responsible for cleansing and migrating.
Data Migration Lead
3 months (project is expected to last 12 - 18 months)
Leeds/Hybrid (in the office approx. once/twice a week with the ability to travel to various locations in Leeds)
- The ability to coordinate the work and lead a team on the data migration activities, as well as the technical knowledge and skills relevant to this role
- Extensive experience of leading on complex data migration projects
- Data Migration experience and skills essential using SQL (Relational) based databases preferably with a good working knowledge of Oracle databases. Candidates must have strong SQL skills
- Data Quality / Data Profiling experience and skills are essential
- Strong knowledge of Extract/Transform/Loading end to end process is essential
- Experience of a data management/ data integration platform desirable but not mandatory e.g. Informatica, Oracle, IBM
- Experience of using data management/profiling tools is desirable
- Undertaking an audit on current sources of data and the nature of data held in the various systems.
- Prepare end to end mappings between the data sets across existing systems, logical data models and map it with the target system while working with Development and Solution Architect.
- Determining criteria to be used for cleansing of records in line with retention periods and ongoing relevance of data collected.
- Managing and leading the resources and coordinate the tasks required for data cleansing and data migration.
- Establishing with current system suppliers, what functionality is in place with regards to automated archiving and deletion of records.
- Reviewing any other sources of data outside of the systems e.g., Excel spreadsheets or Access databases and arrange for this data to be cleansed.
- Developing a plan for data cleansing across the four systems and any other associated sources of data.
- Making any changes to current fields in existing systems or enact change freeze to prevent data that will not be migrated from being recorded and/or to ensure correct data entry for the short-term prior to migration.
- Developing an overall data migration plan, including action plans for all data types linked to sources in scope of this project in line with the agreed project schedule.
- Reporting any risks, issues, scope creep and exceptions that may impact the data migration stream to the delivery of the plan and highlight any problems providing effective solutions to the Project Manager.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search