Data Engineer - Inside IR35
Birmingham/Remote role - Ideally once a week on site
A well known railway client are looking for a Data Engineer who holds great experience in PowerBI!
This role is responsible for designing and leading the implementation of data flows to connect operational systems, providing data for analytics and business intelligence, and delivering Power BI reports and visualisations to ensure the effective use of valuable information and data throughout the company.
- To have overall accountability for the life-cycle of specific data engineering projects. This includes identifying a specific business need, data gathering, specifying requirements, determining the best tools, data and techniques to address it, undertake analysis, create reports, dashboards and presentations.
- To be responsible for engaging with Product Owners, Information Asset Owners, IT and Business colleagues to elicit the underlying causes of business problems and inefficiencies, supporting their design objectives with clear insights.
- Working with other team members and the Senior Data Analytics Manager to identify, plan, develop, and deliver data services.
- To be accountable for designing, developing, and deploying information and data management process-flow systems through to implementation.
- Responsible for developing Data Engineering models that can be re-used.
- Great experience in data engineering
- Strong Power BI skills
- SQL Server and/or SQL SSIS - Essential
- Experienced in data modelling
- Tableau and Azure Data Factory - desirable
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search