Senior FPGA Engineer - Edinburgh (Hybrid) - 6 Month contract - Outside IR35
Lorien's client, a Scottish success story and leader in their sector who already have a lot to be proud of, are keeping busy and adding new products to their portfolio as we speak, so they've once again asked us to help them in their searches for new talent.
On this occasion they are looking for a Senior FPGA Engineer to join their team on a 6 Month Contract basis (Outside IR35), contribute to the ongoing improvements to the development of FPGA and embedded solutions which sit at the heart of their products, and drive designs form the initial concept stages all the way through to production.
- Hybrid working model as well as flexible working hours
- Delivering for an organisation who not have helped millions of people across the globe (we've placed many of their team ourselves and their feedback has been great!)
- Rewarding projects, a great team to work with, and more
If this sounds like it's ticking your boxes already, take a look at the finer details:A snapshot of what you'll be doing:
- Contributing to FPGA/Embedded software solutions, designs and specifications from concept generation to production
- Analysing existing designs and identifying any areas for improvement
- FPGA development; Pin Out generation, HDL development, behavioural verification, hardware troubleshooting, and other related activities
- Developing design verification test methods for FPGA modules/systems
- Liaise with the Product Engineering team regarding FPGA/Embedded solution design intent and operation workflow
- Mentoring less experienced members of the team as you go to improve the wider function
- Researching new technologies for feature additions / ongoing improvements to the product portfolio
Some of the things you'll bring to the table:
- Strong background in the FPGA domain and strong skills across VHDL or Verilog development, Xilinx / Altera, and ideally embedded software programming (Assembler / C / C++ or similar)
- Exposure to Hardware troubleshooting (Chipscope / SignalTap) as well as logic analysers / oscilloscopes
- Ability to work as a commercially aware, user-focused technical specialist within a highly collaborative and cross-functional R&D function
- Broad knowledge of relevant trends within the market, and ability to research and adapt to new technologies
There are flexible and hybrid working arrangements on offer, and their offices are very commutable from Edinburgh and the surrounding areas with parking on site.
Apply now with your latest CV for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search