My Public sector client is looking for a Software Developer to join their team on a contractual basis on an initial 6-month contract inside of IR35. The contract is offered remotely however candidate must be open to going into the office, if required the location is likely to be in Dundee.
- The role is to assist the clients Digital Team in the development and delivery of new applications within the business.
- The Digital team have adopted Agile methodology and operate using tools like Jira, Trello and other tools associated in helping with managing an Agile delivery.
- It is important the Software Developer has IT software background including knowledge and experience of agile development methodology.
- It's important that the Software Developer role supports the already established workstreams within the wider Digital programme. This also includes working effectively and positively with individuals and groups, including other professionals, involved in the programme to ensure we remain focussed on our end delivery position.
Essential Skills and previous Experience required
- Experienced in software development (min 3 years), across the entire software development cycle, using a variety of software design patterns
- Ability to plan, execute, track and report on delivery progress against requirements
- Experienced in designing and implementing relational databases in MS SQL Server
- Competent in cloud architecture and technologies
- Experienced in continuous improvement of development, integration and delivery processes
- Experienced in Agile methodologies
- Experience of working as part of an agile software delivery team
- NET development using C# and Visual Studio
- NET development using MVC 4/5
- Web application frameworks such as AngularJS
- Web services, including creation and consumption of WCF and Web API services
- Microsoft Entity Framework, Linq and LinqToSQL
- Source Control Management systems
- Cloud technologies, such as MS Azure or AWS
- Continuous Integration and Deployment using TeamCity or similar
- Unit testing frameworks such as Visual Studio and NUnit
- Code quality tools and frameworks such as ReSharper MSBI
My client will offer interview slots on a first come first serve basis, and aims to move swiftly in the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted