My public sector client is recruiting an experienced contract developer with solid commercial experience of building web applications and REST APIs using Spring Boot in an OpenShift environment is required to accelerate the client's delivery of new and improved digital services to customers. The Customer Facing domain is one of six product domains established to enable the client to develop and support high quality and resilient digital products. The team is multi-functional with a strong collaborative and agile culture, who have a track record of rapidly delivering incremental customer-value. The Customer Facing domain is responsible for all external customer-facing touchpoints.
Main outcomes & objectives
- Further development and support of existing customer facing services.
- Development and support of a self-serve Copy Deeds service.
- Development and support of an internal user administration service.
- Additional services
- Continued enhancement of the business and public platforms based on ongoing customer feedback.
- Continued development and support of Customer Facing products in line with the product and architecture roadmaps
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable, and collaborative software development practice that is focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable, and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Engage with the wider communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique, and experience.
- Requirement for software development services
- Ensure high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests - with appropriate code coverage - and code analysis using code quality tools.
- Ensure that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deploy ability.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms, from the AWS-based modern stack to the multiple strands of ETL and database (legacy and otherwise) that underpins the service.
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis/refinement, etc.
Essential skills & experience
- Java 8+
- Spring Boot microservices
- Spring security and OAuth2
- Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices including deployment pipelines, Jenkins and Docker
- Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas:
- Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high-performing, cross-functional development teams.
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
- Developing within Digital First or GDS quality standards
- Developing solutions using human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
- Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes, including Grafana
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Defining infrastructure as code
- Using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested, and high-quality interfaces
- Code quality, monitoring, telemetry, and analytics tools
- Designing and developing with relational and NoSQL databases, particularly Mongo and Postgres
- Python 2.7/3.x
- AWS Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, Aurora/Postgres, API Gateway, CDK
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted