My client is undertaking a digital transformation project in order to position itself as a world leader in how they shape places for the wellbeing of its people. The Digital Strategy for Planning was published in 2020 to guide this transformation, and the 5-year Transformation Programme began in 2021.
An opportunity has arisen a Product Owner to assist in the discovery and alpha phase of our Smart Applications project. This will involve working with a multi-disciplinary team to explore opportunities to transform planning and building warrant applications. Smart Applications will make better use of data to improve the way applications are made and assessed.
This postholder's duties will include:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deliver a Discovery (requirements gathering/exploration) and Alpha phase for a smart application.
- Define and obtain stakeholder buy-in for the product and the approach to delivery.
- Create effective, prioritised product descriptions to meet user needs in a cost-effective way.
- Interpret user research to make the correct product decisions ensuring they reflect user needs.
- Ensure that all work undertaken, and solutions delivered meets the Digital Scotland Service Standard.
- Understand the relationship between specific products e.g., smart applications and the overall delivery of the Digital Transformation Programme, and its wider systems and processes, reflecting this within their team and work.
- Write options appraisals, provide input to business cases, and provide information that enables the programme to choose appropriate delivery options and/or procure technology and services.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and teams within the organisation, IT providers and partner organisations to deliver services and systems, with the aim of providing better results for citizens.
- Ability to bring together views and perspectives of a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including commercial and procurement specialists to provide a strong evidence base and documentation for decisions.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team and set priorities for yourself and others in a project and/or programme, using established, recognised best practice project methodologies.
- Ability to enable decision-making at the right level within your team, to facilitate delivery.
Desirable Skills Experience and Desirable Skills -
- Knowledge of the planning system.
- Knowledge of public sector delivery.
- Familiar with digital frameworks such as Scotland's Digital First Service Standard.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search