Data Protection Consultant
Our client is looking for a highly skilled Data Protection Consultant to join their Edinburgh based team for a 5 months initial contract.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders across the Group.
- Build relationships with Risk peers and senior managers across the Group to support the implementation of an effective Risk Management Framework for the Group
- Support delivery of respective team's responsibilities under the Group Risk Annual Plan, to fulfil the Group Risk Mission and Mandate.
- Manage and appropriately influence key stakeholders in order to manage risk exposure.
- Contribute to risk reporting on risks to the Group, the effectiveness of the Risk Management Framework, risk exposures against appetite, and the appropriateness of actions taken to manage risk exposures and breaches of appetite.
- Provide training and support to promote a clear and consistent understanding of risk management.
- Review and challenge process, risk and control activities to determine effectiveness and report on weaknesses / exposure.
- Provide advice, independent opinion and assurance in alignment with the Group Risk's Mission to promote informed decision making and controlled risk-taking that improves customer outcomes and delivers long term value for shareholders.
- Analyse Risk MI to proactively identify gaps in risk management practice in aligned business areas and provide solutions to strengthen control / process weaknesses.
- Building close working relationships, gaining credibility and an appropriate level of influence in business areas.
- Managing a variety of Risk Management related tasks and activities concurrently, meeting expectations on agreed deliverables and timescales.
- Continuously developing and maintaining technical knowledge and applying this in conjunction with business awareness in order to provide review, challenge and consultancy.
- Expressing technical information in plain language for stakeholders with a range of technical knowledge.
- Challenges the design and performance of existing controls at senior management level and recommend improvements as appropriate.
- Has access to appropriate documentation and systems to fully assess risks and controls.
If interested, please submit your cv.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search